The different abilities you can use depend on the unit's Ability Board. JP can be used to unlock more panels and enhance the Ability Board. Enhancing the board will allow you to deal more damage, increase Ability Effects, or boost the rate at which you can inflict Status Ailments on enemies.
More unlockable abilities will become available after meeting certain conditions, such as awakening units or raising their Job Lv.
If you have met the right conditions and have enough SP, it is possible to unlock the entire route leading up to the panel you wish to unlock.
*You can tap the Details button at any time for more information on how many times you can use the ability and the AP/TP cost.
*JP can be acquired by completing Quests.
By using an Ability Set, you can switch between the abilities available to use during battles.
Abilities are divided into the five types below:
• Main Commands are commands that are fixed. Abilities listed in your Main Commands can be used during battle.
• Sub Commands are commands that can be freely set. Abilities included in the Sub Commands listed on your units' jobs can be used during battle.
*Tapping and holding on a job will allow you to view and confirm which abilities can be used with it.
• Support Abilities (can be used normally to boost stats or provide special effects) You can set up to two types of Support Abilities.
*Some effects only apply to specific jobs or abilities. For example, the "Range +1" effect of the ability Ranger Lore only applies to Missile-type jobs and abilities.
• Reaction Abilities (activate automatically when a unit has been attacked by an opponent).
• Limit Bursts: Especially powerful abilities that only certain units possess.
• Master Abilities: Unique abilities that can be obtained by clearing Character Quests.